Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day


Happy Independence Day!!!! 233 years!!!! Take that, Britland!!!!

Actually, thanks for the solid start, Great Britain. You really did set things up nicely. Sorry about that whole tax and representation thing. Things kind of got ugly. I'm glad we're friends. I raise a pint to you.

The USA is a great country and I am proud to be one of its citizens. Is the USA perfect? Nope. No country is. But I am proud to be in a country that let's girls go to school, that let's me decide who to vote for, that let's me criticize the government, that builds roads, schools and jails, that let's me brew up to 200 gallons of beer a year.

God Bless America.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have some transition metals I need to torture....
BTW, if you are ever in Madison, WI be sure to stop at the Great Dane Pub and Brewery. Awesome.

3 comments:

MJenks said...

Poor transition metals. What did they ever do to you? Aside from make life hell by hybridizing all over the damned place.

Happy 4th to you, too. I think I'm now going to go follow yet another great American tradition: eat chicken wings until I'm sick to my stomach.

America!

Lisa-tastrophies said...

Hope you had a safe & happy 4th!
And that beer looks mighty tasty. :-p

Lisa-tastrophies said...

Side note not related to blog post:

having to teach the Periodic Table tomorrow (8th grade science summer school). Any suggestions to make it more exciting?