Wednesday, December 9, 2009

WT-WTF?

There are not enough 'WTFs' for this one.

A chemistry student in the Ukraine was found dead with his jaw blown off by what is believed to be exploding chewing gum, according to reports.

It gets a bit more interesting:

The student apparently had a bizarre habit of chewing gum after dipping it into citric acid, Russian news agency Ria Novosti said.

Officers found both citric acid packets and a similar-looking unidentified substance, believed to be some kind of explosive material, on a table near the body, the agency continued.

Investigators suspect that the student simply confused the packets and put gum covered with explosive material into his mouth.

WHAT THE HARTREE-FOCK!!!!!! What did have sitting next to his citric acid that was capable of blowing his jaw off?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Acetone peroxide?

Chemgeek said...

Maybe. But WHY?

the iNDefatigable mjenks said...

I dunno why. Maybe he just got a bang out of it.

Chemgeek said...

Well, yes he did. And now, he's a Pez dispenser.

yikes

Lisa-tastrophies said...

Pez dispenser!! Oh that made this even better.