Saturday, December 20, 2008

I'm back

I know, I wasn't gone long. Thankfully.

I'm still not done with my grading for the semester, but that has been the least of my concerns.

My son had surgery this past week. Everything went well and he is in good shape. The worst was trying to explain to a 2 month old why we we couldn't feed him for nearly 10 hours. That really sucked. We were waiting for an OR to open and the cases currently in the OR were all going long. This was unfortunate, but it put things into perspective. Our son's condition required surgery, but it wasn't a liver transplant or anything. We could wait, even if it meant a lot of crying.

So, that ordeal is done. He is doing very well. We are hopeful this is the end of it.

What do I do now with all of my free time?

#1 I'm going to finish my grades today.
#2 I'm going to brew a cream stout today
#3 I'm going to help a friend keg his beer.
#4 I'm going to enjoy watching the Blizzard of '08 move in.
#5 I'm going to learn some more Latin.
#6 I'm going to rest.

5 comments:

MJenks said...

Thank goodness that your son had his surgery and everything is alright. I was worried for him. Glad to hear that everything's getting better. Happy Holidays, in deed (I hope).

Lisa-tastrophies said...

I'm so glad your son is doing better. :-) I don't have children, but I can empathize. Here's to a healthy and happy 2009!

Chemgeek said...

Thank you. If I can avoid the ER in 2009, I will be a very happy person.

Anonymous said...

Holy shit, man - here you are being so kind to comment over at my blog and I've totally spaced about checking in with you. I am SO glad to hear that the ordeal with your son is resolved for now. I cannot imagine the angst you folks have been through, especially at the holidays. Hang in there and thanks for reading.

cracka2zsoft said...

manycam 7.10
eset internet security license key 2022
avg vpn key 2022