Tuesday, August 14, 2007

perty picture

Thanks to the Kutti at Jungfreudlich I was able to make the following picture with the glowing humulone structure. I don't have time to figure stuff like this out on my own so having a screencast to guide me was awesome.


Check out Kutti's very useful instructions. Soon you too will be making your blog look cooler.

Hint: What I did find was that it looks better when the ChemDraw structure uses a line width of about 0.065 cm. The bottom right structure have a line width of 0.065 cm and the one on the left has a width of 0.090 cm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture Chemgeek! I am really glad that you liked my little screencast.

By the way: you are absolutely right in what you say about the adjustments that should be made in Chemdraw. I forgot to mention that in my screencast.

Anonymous said...

The active principle in hops is a fine, yellow resinous powder called "lupulin" which is always classified as a narcotic because it will dull the sense in moderate doses and cause stupor or coma in larger amounts. From lupulin come two lupulic acids - humulone and lupulone. One of these, "humulone", has the following chemical formula: C21H30O5. "Cannabinol", the active principle of marijuana, has the chemical formula.of C21H26O2.