Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Semester about to begin

The second semester is set to begin on Monday. I am slowly getting ready. My biggest chore right now is cleaning labs. What a pain.

This semester I am teaching General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry. Light load, eh? I'm also snowed under with administrative work including leading the preparations for an accreditation review. I wish I was back in grad school. Days were shorter then. Seriously... well, almost seriously.

I still find time to brew. I bottled my Scottish Ale tonight and will brew a Pilsner Urquell clone tomorrow. The pilsner should lager at low temperatures. Since I can't achieve those temperatures without a fridge, I'm going to lager in my basement (62°F). It won't be perfect, but I've done it before and I drank all of that beer. It will still be great.

No comments: