Thursday, October 22, 2009

The plague has hit



My two oldest children have come down with what their doctor calls 'H1N1', whatever that is. If you haven't heard of H1N1, you've been in a cave for the last year. Let me just say, H1N1 sucks.

H1N1 has hit home hard.

This swine flu has relegated my kids to sleeping lots, laying on the couch and all around feeling terrible. It has resulted in a lot of coughing, sore throats, runny noses and high fever. The only bonus is there is not much vomiting associated with this flu. Not much of a consolation for a little girl who has never felt this bad in her life.

So far, only my two kids have been afflicted, but it seems only a matter of time before this ruthless virus marches through our house. Until then, wash your hands after reading this post.


7 comments:

MJenks said...

I'm washing my eyeballs with bleach right now.

Mmmm...Swern-y.

Chemgeek said...

Swern-y!!!

That's funny.

Anonymous said...

Oh man! BOTH your kids? I just had a bout of normal flu and it sucked monkey balls!

Should I get someone to airlift you masks and purell?

Katie Collette said...

It seems like everyone around here has been sick lately and they're saying (whoever they are) that it's mostly H1N1. Last week, my son had the flu but it was apparently the normal variety. I haven't been hit yet... I'm just waiting... I have an NSF fellowship application, an abstract for EB, and an out of state conference to attend so I'm sure it'll hit soon.

I hope your kids feel better soon!

Dr Zibbs said...

I had it 2 weeks ago and it was the sickest I've ever been. My son had it at the same time as me.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that your children are sick with H1N1. Over here, a while ago, we can read reports of death rising everyday. It got so worrying that we were quite afraid to go out to public except really really necessary. Anyway, hope they get well soon and you take care, ya?

the other anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that you too have been impacted by the "FLU" or some flavor or another. Thomas (our 9 mo. old) was in briefly the hospital this weekend as part of his flu adventure. BTW, tami-flu is the real deal, so far Thomas has been feeling much better.

I hope your family recovers quickly!