Monday, December 21, 2009

Something for free

Recently, I was doing a bit of research on the proteins responsible for beer foam. I plan on writing a post about that sometime soon.[1]


This journal is a treasure trove of articles dealing with everything from PCR analysis of bacterial infections, to GC-MS analysis of yeast metabolites, to SDS-PAGE analysis of beer proteins.

And best of all, the Journal can be accessed free of charge. At least temporarily. I have no idea how long access had been free nor do I know how long it will last, but I've been taking advantage of it. There's some good stuff there.

They provide access back to 1990, but they also have thrown in a volume from 1896. I like the articles that reference Louis Pasteur's latest discoveries.

[1] yeah right. I've heard that before.

3 comments:

simon jackson said...

Hello Chemgeek
This is Simon Jackson, Director of the Institute of Brewing and Distilling
Access to the JIB will be free until the forseeable future
We are currently adding all editions back to the first editions from the 1890's
Pasteur of course did a lot of hsi work in Breweries

Chemgeek said...

Simon,

Good news. Thanks for the comment. I look forward to continuing to read the journals

telecom consulting los angeles said...

Thanks for this publish. I find it hard to track down good answers out there when it comes to this subject matter. Thanks for the review!