Monday, March 9, 2009

300? Took me long enough

This is my 300th post of my blogging career. My most humble blog has been chugging along for a little over two years now. I appreciate those of you who have posted comments over the years, even if it was just once or several times.

In my first post ever, I listed out some goals for me and this blog:
"I have set up this blog to give me a chance to #1: Record my homebrew recipes and batches (I'm terrible at keeping records about my brews). #2: Talk about some of the Chemistry associated with brewing that I find interesting (There are professionals that do this. I'm not one of them). #3: practice my tpying. #4: Talk about anything I like. In reality, #4 may become a bigger factor as things go on. I'm not looking to change the world or influence public opinion or control a general election, I just want to write some things."
I have done #1 OK, but not in the last 5 months. However, I started keeping a notebook and have done pretty good with that.

I have not pursued ideas for #2 as vigorously during the last 6 months. I'm going to try to do more of this again.

As far as #3 goes, my tpying still sucks.

I have definitely taken #4 and run with it. That is the default mode of operations for me.

So, for my 300th post, I want to say 'thank you' to those of you who have read and maybe even posted a comment or two, or many. I appreciate the blogging friendships I have made with many of you. They are, by their very nature, impersonal, but yet they are still very meaningful.

As an added bonus (and I'm taking this out of the That Blue Yak playbook), for the next 5 people that start following this blog, I will start following your blog.

6 comments:

MJenks said...

You already follow my blog! Where's the incentive?

Oh, right...in that linky-loo there.

Katie Collette said...

Hah! I don't expect any of the science-y bloggers I read to follow my blog since it's all about knitting. I've thought about blogging more about the science I'm interested in but can't find the time. Maybe someday.

Chemgeek said...

mjenks- I'll follow you twice as much from now on.

katiedid- true, I'm not really into knitting, but growing up, my mom would knit a ton of stuff for us. As a result, hearing people talk about knitting things like mittens, scarves, sweaters etc... fills me with a warm nostalgic feeling. Now, my mom has knitted and crocheted blankets for all of my children. Cuddling with a baby wrapped up in a homemade blanket provides a peaceful warmth that his hard to equal. Unless the baby is screaming his head off. Then it sucks.

Ψ*Ψ said...

Your blog rocks, and I'm glad it's still around. keep it up!

btw, i might try to take up homebrewing in grad school ;)

Chemgeek said...

Ψ*Ψ - Awesome!!! If you need any input or advice, you know where to go:)

Lisa-tastrophies said...

So do I get the double following as well? Granted, my blogging is random and sucks, but I would still appreciate the semi-cyber stalking.
Congratulations on the big 300!! You have had quite the year (almost losing the boys, getting the boys nip-tucked, the bar is almost done, and a 300th post!) and it's not even June. Damn you over-achievers!! :-)

CONGRATULATIONS