Monday, March 23, 2009

Worst time of the year.

As a sports fan, this is one of the worst times of the year. The NCAA basketball tourney started last Thursday in typical fashion with a flurry of activity. During the course of 4 days, 50 basketball games were played. Some were good, some were almost great, some were boring, some were stupid, and some were downright bad.

The games were done by late Sunday afternoon and now....... now we have to wait!! I hate this time of year.

I'm not the biggest college basketball fan. I pay casual attention during the season, but I get really interested during the tournament. After the first 4 days of work-skipping action, I need more.

It's like doing crack for the first time and then having to wait a few days to get your next hit. [FYI I know nothing about this]

So now we wait until Thursday until our next hit. Pitiful? Yes, no doubt. The good news is that when the championship rolls around, I will be burnt out on college basketball. Then I won't care.

***************

In related news, Tubby is staying. At least that's what he says. This is unusual for us Minnesotans. We do not know how to deal with rumors that someone is lusting after the head coach of one our sports teams.
*****************

While the Gopher basketball team is done, we can now turn our attention to the annual event known as "Minnesota Plays in the NCAA Hockey Tournament." Like clockwork, the powerhouse Minnesota Gopher Hockey team will be playing in the tournament just like they do every year.... wait a minute.... what the f***???.... AH CRAP!!!!!

2 comments:

Ψ*Ψ said...

You could always watch the NIT to get your basketball fix. I wish I weren't watching it this year, but...I am. :,( I hope you're enjoying our former coach--I don't speak for all of Kentucky, but I miss him terribly! At least he always got us to the big dance.

MJenks said...

I was going to say something, but then I realized that the ND in question was North Dakota. Harumph.