Monday, April 28, 2008

Announcing....

Friends and others,

Do you like stuff?

Do you like stuff that is cool?

Do you like stuff that really lets you express your love of chemistry?

If you said 'yes' to any of these questions, then allow me to introduce to you:
This is bingo for chemists. Sure, there are other element bingo games out there, but none of them are called "LMNTO."

Some students and I developed this little game. Everything you need is available here. It is a great way to learn the names and symbols of all of the elements or just to pass some time with other people who appreciate chemistry.

It's simple.

1) print out the randomly generated cards
2) click on the other link to play the game.

This game is only for entertainment purposes. Please no betting. I'm kidding, go ahead and wager you paycheck away.

You may notice there is no "free space" in the middle of the card. That's because (with the same tone Tom Hanks uses when he says 'there's no crying in baseball' in A League of Their Own) there's no free space in LMNTO!!!!

Enjoy

5 comments:

MJenks said...

What a boon! My kids are wanting to learn the periodic table (no, seriously...everyone stop laughing), and now we can turn this into fun! Hooray!!!

Ψ*Ψ said...

There's a nifty little quiz out there that also helps.

MJenks said...

You realize...this is slowly killing the productivity of my office in the afternoon, right?

Chemgeek said...

If there is one thing I've found out I am good at, it is killing productivity. I'm glad I don't need to ship X number of units of anything because I could never do it.

MJenks said...

Yeah, well, of late, I can't do it, either. Mostly because other people keep backpedalling when you call them on their crappy procedures. But, I won't get into that today.