Thursday, October 2, 2008

A few things

Egad!!! It's been a week since I last posted. Sorry.

Let me give you a update on what I did in my world during the last week.

I kegged the following beer:

Partial mash
3lb 2-row pale malt
8oz biscuit
6 oz carapils
8 oz medium crystal
Boil
2 lb DME
Hops:
Bittering (60 minutes):
1 oz German Tradition
0.3 oz Tettnang
Aroma (5 minutes):
1.3 oz Tettnang
Wyeast 1056 American Ale.

I'm not sure what this beer is, but it is low alcohol and decent in flavor though lacking in body. It will be much safer than my first keg. The alcohol is about 3.5%.

I put a Guinness clone and a Metathesis Ale in their respective secondaries. Those are waiting to be kegged.

*****************

On a separate note, my beloved Twins found a way to piss away a great season by not beating the lowly Royals more than once. The door was wide open and they ran into the door frame. What a pisser. What makes it worse was that Justin Morneau was on track to win the AL MVP. Now, that he is a long shot.

Oh well, I've still got my Vikings.... what?? 1-3? Ahh Crap!!!!!

*************

On another sports note, the Minnesota Timberwolves will be practicing on our campus tomorrow. I could not be less excited. I'd rather watch a VP debate. While I still consider the Wolves 'my team,' I cannot get excited about a team that still has Kevin McHale as its GM. He was a fantastic player, but as a GM he is terrible. He needs the Matt Millen treatment.

That is all....

4 comments:

MJenks said...

Well, you can get excited about Kevin Garn....oh.

Chemgeek said...

Uff dah!!!

Woller's Disciples said...

Where can a guy buy Matt Millen's sweater? That is priceless.

Chemgeek said...

If wearing that gawd awful sweater was the stupidust thing he had done, he could be forgiven. He was terrible. I still miss Barry Sanders.