Thursday, February 26, 2009

Decommissioning

Well, my friends. The time has come. Tomorrow I will begin decommissioning my soldiers... if you know what I mean.

I will be undergoing a vasectomy tomorrow. Unlike last time, it will be done by a trained medical professional. Certainly, not a hack with a saw.

My loving wife has undergone 4 C-sections. A vasectomy is relatively nothing, but I have every intention of spending the weekend on the couch soliciting as much sympathy as I can from the fam. I must take total advantage of the situation.

Thanks to Able Pharmboy at Tera Sig and some friends, I have a pretty good idea of what to expect. Unlike Able, I was sure to shave. I shaved me nethers tonight. There is no way I am taking a dry razor to my scrotum. YIKES!!!!

I may give you an update when I have recovered a bit.

Wish me luck.

6 comments:

marcus said...

Good luck! YIKES is right. Hopefully the doc can hack better than you can saw :)

Chemgeek said...

Ha!! Very funny, Marcus... yet, very true.

Katie Collette said...

Good luck! And make sure to go back for your check-up visit! My dad didn't and that's how I'm here today. ;)

MJenks said...

I need to do this. I should talk to my doctor this year about it.

Fortunately, I'm not old enough for the finger-in-the-pooper test, so there won't be any extra awkwardness.

"Say Doc, while you're back there...what do think about me getting the old snip-snip?"

Liberal Arts Chemist said...

Morituri te salutant

Lisa-tastrophies said...

Ok, I am a little sorry to here that the world will be limited to four Chemgeek Jr's, but I am glad you are taking the bull by the horns and having this done professionally this time. The ol' ball and chisel thing looked a little to painful to me.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes well.