Wednesday, January 3, 2007

First post ever

Well, here I am... a blogger. Why? Well, everyone else is. Why not me? So here I am. Dipping my toes into the world of blogging.

After an extensive 4 minute search, I realized there were no blogs about Homebrew and Chemistry. And, the world just couldn't be without a blog dealing with Homebrew and Chemistry (BTW, "Homebrew" is the term that refers to brewing your own beer at home and "Chemistry" is.. well, Chemistry).

I have set up this blog to give me a chance to #1: Record my homebrew recipes and batches (I'm terrible at keeping records about my brews). #2: Talk about some of the Chemistry associated with brewing that I find interesting (There are professionals that do this. I'm not one of them). #3: practice my tpying. #4: Talk about anything I like. In reality, #4 may become a bigger factor as things go on. I'm not looking to change the world or influence public opinion or control a general election, I just want to write some things.

The following are a few examples of things I am considering posting about:

Not ending sentences with prepositions
The Pilsner Urquell clone I just brewed and am fermenting at 62 degrees
LASIK eye surgery
How much I hate bottling
Homebrew forums I like
What components I extracted from hops using SPME and GC/MS
How alpha acids in hops isomerize to beta acids during the boil. Can anyone say acyloin-like intermediate.
Why my Fat Tire Clone tastes like crap


And so on.....

I do make one solemn promise. One that everyone who blogs or uses the internet for any reason should make. If this site goes without a post for more than 2 weeks, I will delete it. I hate dead blogs.

Good day and enjoy

No comments: